There is no doubt about it. Finding the best blender for smoothies can be difficult.
If it weren’t, then there wouldn’t be such an ongoing debate as to which is the best blender for smoothies.
I mean seriously… there are hundreds of blenders on the market, and combine that with the thousands of reviews each one has….. the task of finding the best blender for smoothies seems almost impossible, let alone frustrating.
Hey, fear no more though… you’ve come to the right place, here at the Best Blender for Smoothies we’ll take all of that hassle and frustration out of searching for the best blender for smoothies…
What we’ve done is broken down seven of the top smoothie blenders on the market by: pros, cons, features and overall price. So how did we chose these??
Well, these blenders are currently the best on the market based on professional reviews and customer popularity…. from here we’ll break each down even further and at the end choose the best blender for smoothies.
Once you’re finished here, don’t forget to browse the blog for your favorite smoothie recipe. Find the best blender for your needs… Now lets get started.
Our 7 Best Blender For Smoothies
(Our Pick – best blender for smoothies)
First of all, out of all the blenders we’ve reviewed on this site the Vitamix 5200 series is our pick for the best blender for smoothies.
Now that’s not to say these other blenders don’t cut it, because all of the other blender above are pretty awesome.
For the price and quality you get out of a Vitamix 5200 it’s just really hard to beat.
What we’ll do below is go over some pros and cons, along with the technical specs that makes this machine so great.
It’s a really great bang for your buck.
- Exceptional processing power
- BPA free / 64 ounce container
- 7 year warranty
- 10 different speed choices
- Easy clean-up and dish washer safe
- Hard to grind or blend something less than 1/2 a cup
- Extremely loud on high
- Replacement blades cost upwards to $100
- Price (but it’s worth the investment if you blend a lot)
It has a 2 peak horsepower motor that can propel the blade tip speed to 240mph. This basically means that this baby is going to pulverize any food that you toss into your blender.
You’ll be able to take down anything from tough turmeric roots, kale, and ice, to simpler items such as soft fruit and vegetables.
This process is quick, simple, and it is especially perfect for smoothies because there is nothing like a blender that can bring your ingredients into a medley of perfect and smooth consistency. So again, the powerful and rapid motor is one of the things that makes this blender the best blender for smoothies.
You’ve heard it before – BPA is perilous for your health and terrible for our food.Fortunately, with the Vitamix 5200, you have nothing to worry about. The blender is made out of BPA free plastic, which ensures that you are safely able to make food for yourself and for your family.
This quality is especially great for those that have kids or those that are clumsy in the kitchen. If you’ve ever been in the situation when one of your appliances crashed to the floor and became damaged, then this quality is one to appreciate.
The blender is shatterproof, meaning that you do not need to worry about your product’s container braking and then needing to replace it. This is a major time saver for the busy individuals who are just looking to make a delicious smoothie and rush out the door.
The Container Itself
The size of the container is 64 ounces, which is excellent for those that are looking to create large batches of food or smoothies. The container is built with a true blending capacity. What makes this container special is that it is designed in a way that creates a powerful vortex that blends the food especially well. This type of blending is crucial for smoothies, as it is necessary that the ingredients are blended together very well.
With blades that spin 240mph, you can be sure that this product will process your food to perfection. This is what makes this blender the best blender for smoothies is also the patented tamper which creates a continuous processing for thick and dense ingredients such as smoothies.
Also, with the Vitamix 5200, you can be sure that you’re not only getting a quick and powerful food processor, but a smoothie blender with excellent consistency.
Some products can be very difficult to handle. Grips can be uncomfortable, the product can be heavy, and simple usage can be difficult to handle. The Vitamix 5200 cures all of these issues. Using it is simple, and the product is extremely comfortable to handle. This way, you don’t need to become frustrated when processing food or making smoothies.
Speed Control Settings
Sometimes, you want a smoothie with varying consistency and thickness. The speed control settings on this blender are another reason that the Vitamix 5200 is the best blender for smoothies. You have 10 different type of speed choices, giving it an impressive ability to blend to varying degrees.
Furthermore, failure or any type of technical issues is covered for 7 whole years. This product warranty is an excellent feature, as it truly allows you to get the bang for your buck. You don’t need to dish out another few hundred dollars for a new product, because the Vitamix 5200 comes with this wonderful warranty.
If you want to read why others use this blender too or want to buy one click here
KitchenAid is synonymous with quality kitchen appliances. When you want an appliance that is of great quality and will last a lifetime, you can count on the quality that Kitchenaid provides to you. When looking for a blender that will suit all of your needs, you don’t need to look much farther than the KitchenAid Diamond Blender for a great, quality blender.
The KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender has a diamond blending system unique to the Kitchenaid brand. There are five settings, plus a crush ice mode, to allow you the best possible blending options to stir, chop, puree, liquefy, and mix your ingredients together.
The 5-Speed Diamond Blender has Kitchenaid’s special Intelli-speed motor control, to sense the contents in the blender, and then is able to maintain an optimal speed to blend and mix all the ingredients to your desired consistency.
The pitcher, on the blender, is a BPA free diamond pitcher, for a durable and lasting pitcher to mix all your ingredients in. The powerful motor and stainless steel blades, create a vortex that provides outstanding blending results.
One of the biggest drawbacks of this blender is the fact that the pitcher is one piece. You will not be able to take the pitcher apart to get all of your ingredients out, after blending. This makes it rather difficult to scrape out all of your newly created mixture. The blender is also rather loud when running, which may be a problem for some people.
The blender comes in many different colors, there is sure to be the perfect color to fit in with your kitchen decor. Even though the pitcher is one piece, and hard to clean out, it is made of durable material, so if it is dropped, it will not shatter like so many glass models.
It is also dishwasher safe, for easy clean up. The blender also features soft start, which starts the motor at the slower speed, to pull the ingredients into the blade, before quickly increasing the speed to your desired setting. The clean touch control panel has white LED lights that easily wipes clean after use.
KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender is a great blender that will work perfectly on all your blending needs. All the colors available makes is a fun choice to fit into any decor. The pros of this
blender far outweigh the cons. Plus, you get the KitchenAid standards and name, to be sure you are getting an excellent blender.
- Variety of colors
- BPA free and shatterproof pitcher
- Soft start
- Hard to clean
- Rather loud
• 5 speeds
• Intelli-speed motor
• 60oz jar
• BPA free Diamond jar
• Stainless steel blade
• Soft start
• Clean touch
• Weight: 11 lbs
• Depth: 8 1/2 inches
• Height: 16 1/2 inches
• Width: 9 inches
You can read more about the Blendtec and buy one here
The Ninja BL771 blender is definitely one of the best blender for smoothies to look into.
This smoothie blender is in no way small, weighing in at about seventeen pounds.
This may seem a bit heavy but this professional strength blender comes with a two horsepower motor and the potential for a one year warranty.
In addition to the impressive amounts of power this appliance has, it also comes with two cups designed to extract nutrients from foods.
This smoothie blender is available on Amazon starting at $158.
This moderately priced blender is fairly popular on Amazon with an average review of just over four out of five stars out of 465 customer reviews.
- XL 72oz. Professional Blender with Total Crushing Technology
- XL 8 Cup Food Processing Bowl for Chopping and Dough Making
- 2 Professional Nutri Ninja Cups for Nutrient and Vitamin Extraction
- 1 Cup Bowl in Bowl Chopping Blade for Everything from Meal Prep to Final Touches
- Hard to liquefy tougher foods
- Limited speed settings
Just like with any major appliance, it is extremely important to properly research each food processor before making any sort of commitment to any brand. Each brand comes with it’s own benefits and problems. Each person will have different expectations for their appliances and different challenges to overcome in the kitchen. There is no appliance that fits all homes, but hopefully the Ninja BL771 will work perfectly.
Need a Ninja? You can buy one by clicking here
I’ve read numerous blogs that, without a doubt, the Blendtec brand is the best blender for smoothies…. So are they right?! Well lets find out!
A blender is a must have staple in every kitchen. In the past, blenders have been used for not doing much more than mixing up a protein shake or making a bar drink. While blenders are great for these things, the blenders of today are required to do much more.
Gone are the days the blender sat on a shelf collecting dust or in a cabinet next to a crock pot.
With the new advent of cooking shows and hand mixers with the power of the blenders of old, the new generation of blenders have to be twice as powerful and three times as versatile. Today’s blenders have to be the swiss-army knife of the kitchen.
They should be able to act as a food processor, grinder, mixer, ice cream maker, pepper grinder, tenderizer, ice crusher, liquifies, and the general liquid mixer that it has been traditionally used for.
With so many demands placed on one machine, it has to be a machine that is able to take a beating and equipped with sleek lines and a beautiful look that would add character and class to any kitchen counter. Lets take a look at the Blendtec Designer Series.
Pros and Cons:
- Unlike the Blendtec Total Blender it only has 5 speeds.
- All spills and messes wipe up easily off the smooth exterior.
- It’s still a bottom blade blender requiring the blender to blend from the bottom up.
- The icons are great but there are things that it can do that do not have an icon.
- It’s dimensions will fit nicely underneath a counter.
- Most powerful motor sold in the non-restaurant arena.
- Competitive priced blender for everything it does.
- Square, smooth, metal-like finish base that comes in 4 separate colors.
- Easily cleaned touch pad which is completely encased so that a simple mess will not short it out.
- Brightly lit standard icons for the most often used blend cycles such as ice crush, juice, and liquefy.
- One of the largest jars or carafes in the blender industry allowing you to blend larger quantities than ever before.
- 1,560 watt motor powerful enough to purify a jar of peanuts into a fine creamy peanut butter that would rival most store bought brands.
- One of the most precision engineered motors.
Check out what everyone else is saying, and buy one here
The Breville Hemisphere Control blender is more than just a powerful blender. It also provides a variety of food processing functions, making it a versatile tool for many food preparation tasks. It can even replace, in some cases, your hand mixer and food processor. Available in several colors, its attractive design complements any kitchen decor.
This 750-watt blender, recommended by America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s, offers central blades for chopping and crushing, LCD timer, plus bowl-hugging blades for aerating and whipping creamy delights like smoothies as well as liquid foods such as dips, dressings, juices, and soups.
Its lighted 5-speed control buttons, plus pulse, provide steady RPM speeds, making for consistent results time after time. The Breville Hemisphere Control Blender’s pre-programmed Smoothie and Ice Crush settings vary blender speeds to improve results.
The unique blade design, made of surgical grade stainless steel, and high torque motor (with a built in safety shut-off in case of overload) provides efficient and quiet blending power. Its large contoured 48 ounce BPA-free copolyester jug, fitted with a permanent Hemisphere Blade and Bowl System, is very light, compared with other blenders.
The Breville Hemisphere Control Blender’s extra-wide blades draw down what’s on top, for thorough blending, and its design reduces food traps and makes it very easy to clean. All this saves you time in food preparation, blending, and cleaning up: time you can then spend enjoying the food!
The Breville Hemisphere Control Blender is available in a variety of attractive colors: silver, cranberry red, and black sesame. Accessories include a Breville Assist Lid with inner measuring lid.
• Extremely versatile; its many functions can replace a hand mixer or food processor
• Quiet operation
• More powerful than many competitors
• Less expensive that equivalent blenders
• Easy to clean
• Light jug
• Tends to “walk” during operation
• Does not always handle frozen fruit well (treat frozen fruit as ice first)
• Not cost effective for simple / routine blending
• Does not always fit on counter under kitchen cabinets without dismantling
• 750 watts
• 110-120 volts
• 48-ounce capacity jug
• BPA free
• Cord storage
• Electronic 5 Speed control
• Heavy duty metal base
• LCD timer
• 1 year limited warranty
All in all this excellent Breville Hemisphere Control Blender offers power, versatility, convenience, ease of maintenance, and outstanding versatility. Whether you’re making spaghetti, smoothies, or veggie dip; grinding almonds into flour of preparing whipping cream, this attractive blender helps you get the job done.
Looking to buy a Breville? You can get your hands on one by clicking here
The Oster Versa Performance Blender is one of the best blenders on the market. With tons of customers giving it a five star rating, this blender has so much to offer. Sure there are pros and cons to every man made item; nevertheless, with this product, the pros certainly outweigh the cons.
This product blends just about any type of food with so much power. The power of the motor is at 1400 watts, and it goes at 28,000 rotations per minute (rpm). The blade of this blender is made of genuine stainless steel to ensure the desired result in the blending of various types of food.
So with this in mind, the Oster Versa Performance Blender does it all. With this extraordinary product, ample space in the kitchen will be granted.
Due to its multipurpose capabilities, there will be no need for an ice chopper, handheld mixer, or a food processor, because this blender handles all these types of jobs.
Now the best blender for smoothies needs to be able to blend well… (duh), and honestly the lower end Oster’s are pretty terrible. But if you’re going to get on the Versa Performance one is the way to go.
- It has great value: With all of the great material that this product entails, the price of this blender will normally be twice the amount that it is. As mentioned before, this product has a blade made of stainless steel, and the motor and rpms are very powerful and fast.
- This blender also has a no-mess spout, a securely fitted lid, and easily readable measurements. Another great feature of this blender is the pulse action it possesses, and the three programmed settings.
- It has a long term warranty: The warranty for this item last seven years.
- It has long lasting durability: Rather soup, ice, or nuts, this machine has a powerful motor that can handle it all.
- It is easy to clean: With the plastic jar that is easily detachable from the base of the machine, and the lid being easily detachable, cleaning with regular dish detergent and water is all that is needed. Afterwards, air drying the washed parts and reattaching are the only things required.
- It also include a wonderful recipe book: This product also comes with a delightful cookbook for no extra cost. This cookbook gives a plethora of recipes and tips in making the best dips, soups, spreads, smoothies, and more, when using this blender.
- Not the best at blending frozen fruits and foods
- Doesn’t crush ice well
- Big and very bulky
Read what others think of the Oster Versa, and buy one by clicking here
The Hamilton Beach Tempest Blender features a Wave-Action System with a unique container and blade that’s been designed to supply smooth results every single time.
Whether you’re making a margarita, a daiquiri, or another popular icy drink, the Hamilton Beach Tempest Blender serves them up with no ice chunks so that the results are creamy smooth.
The Tempest’s blades are powerful enough to break through frozen fruit, thick ice, and ice cream without slowing down.
The blades, which there are four of, are made of stainless steel; They’re durable and built to last while having the ability to make drinks fast.
Most noteworthy, the stackable container is made of break-resistant polycarbonate that features easy-to-read measurements so you make the right mixture every time and don’t have to guess; It can hold up to 64 oz.
The Tempest’s jar pad system, which is made up of 4 magnetic connections, only allows for the blender to work if the container is placed on the pad correctly; This prevents damage to the
- Serves up perfectly smooth drinks with no ice chunks
- Precision blending allows for the make of a variety of drinks
- Even blending
- Blades pull contents down so no chunks are left
- Turns granite ice into creamy liquid
- Easy to clean
- Built to last
- Can blend 16 oz daiquiri in just 12 seconds
- Sure Grip feet prevents the blender from skidding
- Is a strong, powerful machine
- Only two speed settings
- No low speed option
- High price tag
- Wave-Action system effectively pulls mixture down to the blades
- Results in a super-creamy drink
- Has easy-to-clean controls
- Easy-to-read measurements
- 2 Speeds; Pulse and jump cycle
- A jar pad sensor that prevents wear and tear
- A 3 hp motor that’s equipped with all-metal drive coupling and a stack-able poly-carbonate container
- Temperature gauge warns operator if the motor starts to overheat when drinks are being made back-to-back
- A timer with automatic shutoff
- Indispensable for busy bars
- Cross-contamination bands available
An ordinary smoothie blender can’t chop of drink contents the way The Hamilton Beach Tempest Blender can; While they spin contents around the walls of their container and leave whole chunks that goes untouched by its blades, the Tempest gives smooth results for the best drinks every time. With the Tempest, you’ll never have to worry about ice being in your drinks again.
Want to read what others think of this blender? Read more reviews and buy one here
Finally, I hope you enjoyed these reviews and remember… at the end of the day it’s always a personal preference. I just hope we helped you narrow down which you you might decide to go with. As always, don’t skimp on quality or capabilities, invest smart and invest right by purchasing a product that is the best blender for smoothies!
Also, once you make your best blender for smoothies, check out the top 5 best blenders for overall use!