Ever wondered how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? No worries, because we’re about to show you how!!
One of the best ways to refresh yourself and feel full for a reasonable amount of time is to have a truly delicious strawberry and banana smoothie.
This smoothie tastes so good you don’t feel deprived at all, and that helps when you are trying not to binge.
Plus, while strawberries are low on calories, they are high in fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. Also, the banana in this smoothie will give you vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, folate and a host of other minerals.
By using nonfat or low fat yogurt, you will avoid unnecessary fat and still get calcium, phosphorous, and vitamin A with this treat. Also, if you are in need of a really great blender, I recommend using the Vitamix 5200 series, it really is in my opinion the best blender for smoothies.
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (heaping)
- 1 large ripe banana or 2 rather small ones
- 1 cup yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Mint sprigs
Steps On How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
1. To garnish smoothies later, reserve as many strawberries as the number of servings you intend to have. Wash the rest thoroughly, hull and dice.
2. Cut banana into 1 inch slices. (Frozen bananas work very well and make your smoothie thicker.)
3. Put strawberries and banana pieces into blender. Add ice cubes and yogurt.
4. Using low speed, mix all ingredients until fruits and ice are broken down.
5. Bring speed up to high and continue till mixture is smooth and well blended. Stop as needed to scrape down the sides of your blender.
6. Taste the mixture and add a bit of sugar or artificial sweetener if desired.
7. If you are adding sugar or a sweetener, process for another minute to make sure everything is fully blended.
8. Pour smoothie into tall glasses. Garnish each glass by slitting strawberries three-fourths of the way and attaching one each onto the rim of your glasses. Add a sprig of mint and serve immediately.
The banana in this smoothie helps bind all the ingredients together. You can still have a smoothie without the banana if you like, but use high speed when blending and consume the smoothies right away.
This recipe is good for three servings, each with approximately 180 calories if you don’t use sugar.
You can add a bit of orange juice to make the smoothie a bit more tart, or use strawberry flavored yogurt for a stronger strawberry flavor.
Some even like a drop of vanilla or almond flavoring in their strawberry banana smoothie.
And that’s how to make a strawberry banana smoothie